August 34, 2015
Feast of St. John Vianney
Gospel: Matthew 14: 22-36 Jesus Walks on Water
The details of this well-known story has much to teach us about our relationship to the Mission to which Jesus sends us - To transform the world with the Gospel.
1. He never sends us on a Journey that he is not himself interceding for us with his Father and is very close behind us.
2. There will be storms on the journey, but they are opportunities to encounter him and have faith in his power over the storm.
3. He WILL invite us beyond our comfort zones and even beyond our capabilities.
4. As long as we stay focused on HIM and the Mission, we will be able to do supernatural things be his power.
5. As soon as we take our eyes off him (remembering the storms, the wind, the wave and what we cannot do, we WILL begin to sink.
6. As long as we can cry out to him, he will save us and get us back on track.
Fr. Bart Hutcherson, OP
Fr. Bart Hutcherson, OP is a Roman Catholic Priest & a Friar of the Dominican Province of the Most Holy Name of Jesus-USA. He is on the Pastoral Staff at Most Holy Rosary Parish in Antioch, California, and uses this page to post Homilies and Scripture reflections.